Call For Entries - Town Hall Open 2019
May 10, 2019 @ 10:00 AM
Town Hall Arts third annual Open invites artists at all stages of their careers, working in any contemporary art media, to submit work for exhibition at Trowbridge Town Hall. Our panel of selectors will include members of the Town Hall Arts team; Curator Katie Ackrill and Manager Philippa Edwards alongside Sophie Cummings from Swindon Museums and Gallery. This year the exhibition will take a slightly different format, with no submission fee and different prizes to be awarded.
First Prize A solo exhibition at Town Hall Arts in 2020
Avon Printing People’s Choice Prize 500 postcards sponsored by Avon Printing
• All fine art media will be accepted.
• There are no geographical restrictions.
• Work must be original and have been produced in the last 2 years.
• Work may be available for sale or not. Town Hall Arts collect 40% commission on sales.
• There is no submission fee, but entries are restricted to 2 submissions per artist.
• Selected works must be delivered ready for hanging or display
e.g. framed with D rings 10cm from the top of the frame.
1. Download and complete the application form.
2. Create one image of each work and label it with your name, the title of the work and the medium. Images must be between 500kB and 2MB. Please provide website links to video works.
3. Email your application form, and images to email@example.com
Our preference is for submissions by email however, we will accept postal applications from artists who do not have access to email. Entries should include the information as above. You can submit an application form to Town Hall Arts in person, but please do not deliver physical work to Town Hall Arts for submission. If you are successful, you will be contacted and invited to deliver your work in June.
Deadline for entries Midday Monday 24 June 2019
Successful applicants notified by Friday 12 July
Work must be delivered on Thursday 18 and Friday 19 July
Exhibition Opening Friday 26 July - 6.30pm–7.30pm Launch Event
People’s Choice winner announcement
and exhibition ends Saturday 31 August 1pm
Collection of works Between 1.30and 2pm on Saturday 31 August or between 10am and 4pm 2-3 September otherwise financial penalties apply
Town Hall Arts reserves the right to retain and use images from work submitted for press and publicity purposes.
Please note that whilst every effort will be made to observe special display requirements, Town Hall Arts will make the final decision how selected works are shown.