Call For Entries - Town Hall Open Exhibition 2018
April 02, 2018 @ 9:00 AM
Town Hall Arts second annual Open invites artists at all stages of their careers, working in any contemporary art media, to submit work for exhibition at Trowbridge Town Hall.
Town Hall Arts second annual Open invites artists at all stages of their careers, working in any contemporary art media, to submit work for exhibition at Trowbridge Town Hall. Our panel of selectors will be led by founding Director of the Jerwood Drawing Prize - Anita Taylor, last year’s first prize winner - Ali Brown, and will include members of the Town Hall Arts team. First and second prizes will be awarded and the winning artists will be invited to exhibit in our main gallery in January 2019.
First Prize £500 plus a place as the featured artist in an exhibition at Town Hall Arts in Jan 2019
Second Prize 500 postcards sponsored by Avon Printing Services, plus a place as a supporting artist in an exhibition at Town Hall Arts in Jan 2019
Peoples Choice Prize £250
• All fine art media will be considered
• There are no geographical restrictions
• Work must have been produced in the last 2 years
• Work may be available for sale or not. Town Hall Arts collect 40% commission on sales.
• Artists may make up to 6 entries
• Cost per entry is £10 for up to two items, £20 for up to 4 works or £30 for up to 6 works.
• Selected works must be delivered ready for hanging i.e. framed if appropriate
1. Complete the application form here as a Word document
2. Make payment of £10 for up to two works, £20 for up to 4 works or £30 for up to 6 works: – www.ticketsource.co.uk - you must enter your booking payment reference on the application form.
3. Create one image of each work and label it with your name, the title of the work and
the medium. Images must be between 500kB and 2MB. Please provide website links
to video works.
4. Email your application form, and images to email@example.com
Our preference is for submissions by email however we will accept postal applications from
artists who do not have access to email. Entries should include the information as above and include the payment reference from Ticketsource (link above) or a cheque made payable to Trowbridge Town Hall Trust for £10 for up to two works, £20 for up to 4 works or £30 for up to 6 works.
Please do not deliver physical work to Town Hall Arts for submission. If you are successful you will be contacted and invited to deliver your work in June.
Deadline for entries Extended to Friday 22 June 2018
Successful applicants notified by Monday 2 July
Work must be delivered on Monday 16 July
Exhibition Opening Saturday 21 July
Ehibition Ends Saturday 22 September
Collection of works Monday 24 September
Town Hall Arts reserves the right to retain and use images from work submitted for press and
publicity purposes. Whilst every effort will be made to observe special display requirements,
Town Hall Arts will make the final decision how selected works are shown.
Pay for your entry here
You may have heard that Town Hall Arts is busy fundraising to keep our fabulous building open to the public. If we fail in our mission to secure at least £35K per year, meaning the building has to close, we will refund artists' application fees. The final decision will be made by the end of June 2018 - or sooner if the funding is secured.